Nick Clegg tried to convince us at Prime Minister’s Questions today that the Lib Dems are making a difference in Government, and they certainly are. Here’s a reminder of ten things Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems have helped David Cameron with:
1. Working people £1,600 a year worse off since the election
2. A tax cut for those earning over £150,000 a year while everyone else pays more
3. Trebling tuition fees
4. Increasing VAT to 20 per cent
5. £3bn wasted on a reorganisation of the NHS while 6,000 nurses are cut
6. Cutting 15,000 police officers
7. 578 fewer Sure Start Children’s Centres
8. Introduced the unfair Bedroom Tax
9. Almost one million young people unemployed
10. Energy bills up £300 a year on average
Nick Clegg has been Cameron’s little helper and proved himself to be the best deputy a Conservative Prime Minister could wish for.
To help the Tory Prime Minister, Nick Clegg will go to any lengths, break any promises and sell out any principles. If you want to freeze energy bills and scrap the bedroom tax, it’s not going to be the Tories, it’s never going to be the Lib Dems - it’s got to be Labour.